The British Baseball Federation (BBF) is committed to safeguarding, as children’s welfare is a priority. The BBF has a member’s agreement with BaseballSoftballUK (BSUK) whereby safeguarding was assigned to the company until the 31st March 2021. On the 1st April 2021, the BBF has taken over safeguarding from BSUK.
On the 1st April 2021, the BBF will assume all safeguarding policies, procedures.
BBF SAFEGUARDING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES CLICK HERE.
Previously the BBF safeguarding policy was assigned to BSUK. However, effective the 1st April 2021, the BBF safeguarding policies and procedures applies to all our members, including any individual who works with children and vulnerable people.
The Children Acts 1989 and 2004 define children as under 18 years of age. Working Together 2015 represents expectations of organisations who work with children, including the duty of care over children within their charge.
3. BBF CHILD PROTECTION STATEMENT
The British Baseball Federation (BBF) acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practise reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and its own requirements.
The BBF recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children
• have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at the BBF in a safe and child-centred environment
• are protected from abuse whilst participating in baseball or outside of the activity.
The BBF acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding commitment, the BBF will
• promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
• ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
• ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
• ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
• prevent the deployment of unsuitable individuals
• ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The above will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in the BBF. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the BBF.
Safeguarding guidelines will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the following circumstances:
• changes in legislation and/or government guidance
• as required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board, UK Sport and/or Home Country Sports Councils and other applicable bodies.
• as a result of any other significant change or event.
3. WHO TO CONTACT
3.1 Foremost, if you think a child is in immediate danger, call the police dial 999.
3.2 Report concern to your Club Designated Welfare Officer (DWO).
3.3 Inform the BBF by email email@example.com for assistance and support.
Social, News & Weather
The BBF Board is aware of the player posts containing serious accusations about the conduct of a participant in a g… https://t.co/bJ9MpwMqwq
Mon 14/06/21 15:35
Open Team GB U15 Training this Saturday, 5th June. If you were born in 2006, 2007 or 2008, join GB Baseball staff f… https://t.co/VU392Erc6D
Thu 03/06/21 21:03
The Board of the BBF would like to announce that it has co-opted Earl Dix to assume the duties of Secretary. He wil… https://t.co/CXlnK4JPRP
Wed 26/05/21 20:03
Never miss an update
Follow the site to get the latest news and results straight to your email