Effective 1st April 2021
THE BRITISH BASEBALL FEDERATION CODE OF CONDUCT
- Please stick to the rules and play by them.
- Respect every one of the participants.
- You have a responsibility to protect children and vulnerable people.
- You should report promptly any concerns about children and vulnerable to the designated safeguarding officer, the BBF, or the authorities (where applicable).
- Keep in mind that you are participating to have fun with the game.
- Do not judge others based on their abilities, errors, or losses.
- Accept everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, ethnicity, and racial or national origin), religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Avoid using abusive language, bullying, cyberbullying, or excessive physical contact in any way.
- Always practice awareness of all situations and follow all safety precautions.
- Ensure that the game is played fairly.
- You must communicate to the BBF transparently and cooperatively.
- Your conduct cannot be disgraceful, prejudicial to the interests of the BBF or the game of baseball.
- You must disclose promptly any information of which the BBF would reasonably expect notice.
- Don't disgrace the reputations of others, your club, the Great Britain Baseball National Team Programme, the BBF, board members, or baseball itself.
- Encourage a positive environment in which everyone can develop everyone's skill, competence, teamwork, and safety.
- Reject the use of performance-enhancing drugs (Anti-Doping) and illicit drugs.
- Create a sense of social cooperation and engagement based on high standards and values.
- Provide precise and timely information to the league, event, club, and BBF organisers.
BBF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Wherever they operate, they conduct BBF business honestly and ethically.
- Maintain a reputation for fairness, respect, responsibility, integrity, trust, and sound business judgement by continually improving the quality of our members' experiences, organised events, and operations.
- They must exercise due caution, consideration, and diligence in their actions.
- They must take appropriate steps to ensure that proprietary, confidential, or BBF-sensitive information is strictly protected and is confidential when they come into contact with it or have it in their possession.
- Report all information accurately and honestly.
- To ensure that the BBF's interests, assets, strategic goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and constitution are always put first and protected.
- Oppose and prevent discrimination based on age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and racial or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- They require BBF suppliers and agents, their employees, volunteers, senior management and sub-suppliers to operate in accordance with the principles and ethical standards of good governance (transparency, fairness, accountability, and responsibility).
- Encourage DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) throughout the Federation.
- Create an environment free of bullying, harassment, and illegal discrimination, where everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
- In all of their dealings, act with respect and responsibility toward those involved in our sport.
- Accept full accountability for your actions.
Social, News & Weather
The BBF Board is aware of the player posts containing serious accusations about the conduct of a participant in a g… https://t.co/bJ9MpwMqwq
Mon 14/06/21 15:35
Open Team GB U15 Training this Saturday, 5th June. If you were born in 2006, 2007 or 2008, join GB Baseball staff f… https://t.co/VU392Erc6D
Thu 03/06/21 21:03
The Board of the BBF would like to announce that it has co-opted Earl Dix to assume the duties of Secretary. He wil… https://t.co/CXlnK4JPRP
Wed 26/05/21 20:03
Never miss an update
Follow the site to get the latest news and results straight to your email